Today, we have the release candidate RC1 of OpenI 2.0 available for download. There is also a demo available at http://demo.openi.org/openi (login is openi2/openi2)
We look forward to hearing your feedback on improving this release as we work on further testing of this version to get to general release. Please note that we are changing the license of OpenI to GPL v2 from this release since we feel that GPL is a much better option for us at the moment as it enables us to include other GPL-based components in our distribution.
Here’re some more details on the release:
- This is the complete distribution containing all the components necessary to run OpenI with a single click. This is in response to the feedback from our community about simplifying our installation process. We are quite happy with the result, and would love to hear your feedback.
- openi-2.0-RC1-tomcat.zip contains binary build specific to Tomcat 6.0x
- openi-2.0-RC1-jboss.zip contains binary build specific to Jboss 4.2.2 (and can be used for other j2ee servers as well)
- openi-2.0-RC1-src.zip contains full source code to make your own custom builds
I have been in the technology industry over 10 years, wearing different leadership hats in product development and management. In 2001, I co-founded a marketing analytics software company in San Francisco (Loyalty Matrix) as its CTO, and grew the company until 2007, when we were acquired by Responsys, now a part of Oracle. After that, I founded OpenI as a consulting company to help clients like Responsys Oracle, Kaspersky Labs, UCSF, and CareerBuilder with big data analytics and dashboard solutions.
Latest posts by Sandeep Giri (see all)
- NuTreeSource by Team Almond Brothers: 3rd Place award @ #AppsForAg Hackathon - April 21, 2015
- Meet Us at Apps for Ag Hackathon - April 17, 2015
- OpenI 3.0.1 is here (Pentaho Plugin for OLAP Data Visualization) - April 5, 2012