Dear OpenI Community,
We are happy to announce the release of OpenI 3.0.1 as a plug-in for Pentaho CE. With this release, we will focus more on developing new features on top of Pentaho (and perhaps Jasper) instead of OpenI being a BI Server in itself.
The OpenI plugin for Pentaho provides a simple and clean user interface to visualize data in OLAP cubes. It supports both direct Mondrian and xmla based connections like Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), plus provides OpenI specific features like:
- Explore OLAP cube data – point to a cube, choose a metric, and instantly chart the metric against all available dimensions
- Write custom SQL for drillthrough to return more detailed data sets (instead of just identifiers)
- Post drillthrough results directly to an external web service (instead of always having to download to local machine)
- and many more..
A demo video is available at – http://youtu.be/MLX83EXG8uM
You can download it at – https://sourceforge.net/
Documentation is at – http://wiki.openi.org/
We would love to hear your feedback.
Project Lead, OpenI.Org
I have been in the technology industry over 10 years, wearing different leadership hats in product development and management. In 2001, I co-founded a marketing analytics software company in San Francisco (Loyalty Matrix) as its CTO, and grew the company until 2007, when we were acquired by Responsys, now a part of Oracle. After that, I founded OpenI as a consulting company to help clients like Responsys Oracle, Kaspersky Labs, UCSF, and CareerBuilder with big data analytics and dashboard solutions.
Latest posts by Sandeep Giri (see all)
- NuTreeSource by Team Almond Brothers: 3rd Place award @ #AppsForAg Hackathon - April 21, 2015
- Meet Us at Apps for Ag Hackathon - April 17, 2015
- OpenI 3.0.1 is here (Pentaho Plugin for OLAP Data Visualization) - April 5, 2012